This week has been great overall. Tomorrow is my 29th birthday (GASP, I’m almost 30!), and I’m headed to Puerto Ricoooo. This past weekend I had birthday brunches and dinners with great friends, received beautiful flowers and thoughtful presents, and I even got to enjoy some great feel-it-in-my-heart Spanish music at a Cuban festival in a big, beautiful park here in Chicago. Then today, my sweet coworkers took me out for a great lunch. Could it get any better? Yes it can! This week I was also given my first blogging award by my wonderful follower and fellow blogger, Michele Anderson.
I am so honored to be recognized with this award because this blog, although I don’t spend as much time as I’d like to on it because of work, work, work and other responsibilities, means SO, SO much to me. To feel that my work is enjoyed and appreciated, and that my message of positivity and motivated living is making some small impact is like a dream come true for me. So, thank you Michele!! You’ve made my week a ton more special with this honor!
Now as the award asks (check out the rules here), here are seven things about me that you might not already know:
- I like olives in my apple martinis and usually get a lot of grief for it. Apparently apples and olives are not supposed to be friends!
- I didn’t get my drivers’ license until I was 20 years old.
- My beautiful little sister is 17 years younger than me and from the same parents!
- I have no middle name. Strange, right?
- I was born and raised in the U.S., but I’ve traveled to Cuba to visit family twice.
- I’ve been writing poetry, short stories, songs and everything you can imagine since I was about 10 years old. Sometimes I go back and read these things, especially the love poems, and I think wow, that’s a lot of emotion for a 10-year-old!
- I think and dream in Spanglish.
Now, also in keeping with the award rules, here are 15 bloggers (although there are many more) I think are awesome and am awarding the Versatile Blogger Award to:
- The Positivity Blog
- Tough Motivation
- Kindness girl
- Everyday Power
- Project Light to Life
- A Hot Cup of Love
- The Better Man Project
- Girl on the Contrary
- In Her Words Avenue
- A Thousand Shades of Gray
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane
- In Search of it All
- One Web Strategy
- The PhotoBook
- My Name is Not Bob
OK, now I’m off to pack for Puerto Rico, so I can get my sun, beach and relaxation on!! Have a wonderful night and a positively positive week ahead. I am feeling incredibly grateful and hopeful today, and I hope you are too!
Sonia, Word Share Junkie